Introduction Understand the EXACT process of Anxiety Panic Awarded 5 stars by UK Mental Health Foundation fear panic obsessive worry stress solution-doyoupanic.co.uk
Such is our yearning for answers that we keep looping in the same pattern of think-react-think-react.
Needless to say - that search for answers is actually the problem.
That's why this can be such a tricky illness to deal with, as we want to feel better, but aren't aware that we are constantly tensing and stopping in our flow to find that solution - this is the problem and an exhausting one.
Our aim don't forget is as follows -
1. to simply allow ourselves to flow with all of our thoughts both negative and positive
2. to understand that this is an automatic, natural process of momentary thinking - we shoudn't have to actively, deliberately or consciously 'do' anything about this
3. our problem is that we very subtly go a stage further - unnecessarily trying to fix our bad flow with conscious 'answers' that make us step out of the moment in deliberate reactive-thinking mode.
4. it is actually 'easier' to avoid that effortful process of mind tensing/racing and instead stay with our calmer flow
5. to stay with our flow we just have trust that we don't have to explain/reason with our thoughts even though we may be frequently tempted to do this.
2/7/12 Hey again Will.
Hope and think I am on the right track now. One quick question. I feel like when i just come out of a thought (become aware of it) my mind goes blank and feels like it just freezes for a few seconds or even more like for 20s before the cut-off comes and that feels like a big Jolt in my whole body and my eyes spasm every time. Am i correct in assuming these phenomenons are coming out and cutting off from thoughts? Did you experience similar stuff or heard from others?
At the moment i feel your book is a life saver even thought my blurred mind had problems getting grips on it at first. Are you enjoying summer over there in the UK? Take care. Andreas
On Wed 6/03/13 10:07 PM , M <@googlemail.com> wrote: Will, all OK now, many thanks, book has been a revelation. Regards, M
Oct 2012 Hi Will, Nick Watts, here, hope things are going Ok with you! Just thought I would send you a line to tell you my intentions Things are going really well for me at the moment. Well chuffed for the ways things have turned out. I can really focus on the positive things not and the Anxiety, which is a thing of the past! Been thinking of doing it for a while and I am going to write a book on my experiences with mental illness. I feel it’s the greatest achievement in my life is coming out of the other side of the darkest moments! If it wasn't for your help in seeing people do recover i wouldn't be here today writing this to you. I have total turned things around and now the happy, confident person, i always wanted to be. i have been paragliding for three years now and Speed flying for a year, ( halfway house between a paraglider and a skydiving rig), and have totally overcome my fear! Considering in the dark times I was scared of the shadows on the wall, no bullsh*t!! and I thought there was no, way out! I was ready to quit work!Its just a learned behaviour and now i have learned the other way to become confident in myself. Next year me and my best mate, met though Paragliding are going onto a skydiving course with a view to go base jumping in the future. All i can say is thanks again Will. Ps here is a video of me and my mate speed flying last week...hope all is ok All the best Wattsy